Securing Your Account is Easier Than Ever
Keeping your finances secure while providing added convenience is our top priority—and MemberPass is another one of the tools to help us do just that. It’s a hassle-free way for you to control and authenticate your identity quickly and easily while protecting your personal information. Easy to enroll, easy to use, easy to protect your account.
What is MemberPass and how can it benefit me?
MemberPass is a new form of account authentication that works through your smartphone. This authentication verifies your individual features using “biometrics”—individual features including fingerprint or facial recognition—to confirm your identity when interacting with our Branch and Contact Center.
Not only that, MemberPass can also be used to verify the identity of a UNIFY representative who contacts you. This two-way authentication provides an added layer of security, regardless of which way the interaction is flowing. The combination of these enhancements results in identity authentication that is very efficient and highly secure to use.
MemberPass removes the need to share sensitive personal information, making your UNIFY experience convenient and stress-free. Benefits of MemberPass include:
- Speeds up the authentication process during your transactions to save time.
- Removes the need for using—or others handling—your physical identification card.
- Provides a single verification method for your interactions with our Branch and Contact Center via your smartphone.
- Gain peace of mind for incoming calls from UNIFY. Just request a MemberPass authentication to confirm the authenticity of the call.
How do I use MemberPass?
- Give your account information to the UNIFY representative.
- You’ll then receive a push notification on your smartphone.
- Upon receipt, use biometrics (or separate passcode) to authenticate the transaction or communication.
- Now you’re ready to continue with your interaction knowing your account is secure.
And don’t forget—since it’s a two-way authentication, you can use it to verify UNIFY’s identity as well. No more worrying about scam calls, just ask for a MemberPass authentication!
What makes MemberPass work?
- Authentication is established through a digital identity wallet app, called “MemberPass.”
- After enrollment, you will receive the MemberPass credential when connected to the app.
- Your MemberPass credentials are stored on your smartphone for when you need it; No information is stored with UNIFY.
Is a smartphone required to use MemberPass?
Yes, you will need a smartphone to enroll and use MemberPass.
The MemberPass app is also secured with biometrics access (or separate passcode); this ensures that MemberPass stays secure even if your phone is lost or stolen.
Is my information secure if I lose my smartphone?
Don’t worry, your personal information in MemberPass remains encrypted within the MemberPass app, so your individual biometric identifications are secure and protected.
Does UNIFY use an outside company to offer MemberPass?
MemberPass is provided from a credit union service organization called Bonifii™ on behalf of UNIFY. This technology is built upon globally accepted standards designed to protect consumer privacy in all digital exchanges.
Can MemberPass be removed from my account authentication at any time?
Yes. Simply contact UNIFY and a representative can assist you.
How do I enroll in MemberPass?
Choose one of these convenient options:
- Log into eBanking and access the self-enroll feature
- Visit any UNIFY branch location
- Call our Contact Center at 877.254.9328 available 24/7
Once you’re enrolled, you’ll receive a text message asking you to download the MemberPass app from either the Google Play or Apple App Stores.
Secure Your Account Today!
Thanks For Exploring All UNIFY Has To Offer!
You’re now leaving the UNIFY Financial Credit Union website for a third-party site that services our members. Don’t Panic! We just wanted to let you know that their privacy and security policies might differ from ours, and give you the option to continue. Thanks again for visiting UNIFY…come back soon!