When making a purchase using your debit card, you're often given the option to choose "credit" or "debit." Either will enable you to make a purchase (transactions are automatically deducted from your Checking Account), but there are some key behind-the-scenes differences that will help you make your decision.
- You must sign for your purchase
- You cannot receive cash back
- Gives you all the security protections of a Visa transaction for disputes and fraud
- Visa pays UNIFY a small portion of each transaction amount when you choose "credit"
- You can receive cash back, up to $1,000 per day
- You must enter in your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- UNIFY pays a fee each time you choose the "debit" option
- You may pay a merchant fee to use the "debit" option
If you have any questions regarding your UNIFY Visa Debit Card, contact us. We're happy to help.