Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Have questions about your accounts or how a product or service works? You've come to the right place. We've compiled a list of our members' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, click the Chat button or contact us.

  • Accounts

    What is the difference between my actual balance and my available balance?

    The actual balance is the total amount of funds in your account. This amount does not reflect pending transactions, which have not fully processed and cleared your account — the available balance does. Your available balance is the amount that can be accessed for transactions.

    You should only make transactions against your available balance. If you exceed your available balance, even though the actual balance may be greater, you may overdraw your account. An overdraw can result in returned transactions and fees due to non-sufficient funds.

    For more information how transactions are processed including the order and timeframe in which they are paid, please see our Funds Availability Policy in the Membership Booklet.

    To check your available balance, log in to eBanking or call us at 877.254.9328, available 24/7.

    Are my funds federally insured?

    Yes. Your deposits are insured to at least $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government.

    What is Regulation D?

    Regulation D is a federal regulation that limits the number of electronic transfers or checks from money market and savings accounts. Under Regulation D, a maximum of six transfers per month from a savings or a money market are allowed. These transactions include phone requests, Overdraft, Online Banking, email requests and faxed requests. There are no limitations on ATM, in-branch or shared-branch transactions. Please Note: This is a regulation mandated by the federal government. This is not a Credit Union policy.

    How do I remove a joint owner from my account?

    The joint owner can send a note instructing us to remove their name (signature notarized) or we can close your existing account by opening a new account and transferring funds.

    How do I change my name on my account?

    Once you have changed your name with Social Security, please phone us. If you choose to add a joint owner, you can do so at the same time.

    How can I change my address?

    You can update your address through eBanking, by phoning our Contact Center at 877.254.9328 or in person at any Branch.

    What are the minimum balance requirements for UNIFY Checking and Savings Accounts?

    Visit our rate sheet for current minimum balance requirements.

    How can I make deposits to my account?

    You can make deposits in person, by mail or by ATM. You can also make deposits conveniently through payroll deduction or Direct Deposit.

    How can I withdraw money?

    You can make cash withdrawals in person at any Branch, CO-OP Shared Branch or ATM. If you have a UNIFY Checking Account or Money Market Account, you can withdraw money by writing checks.

    Can I continue to use my existing checks with a different Routing and Transit Number?

    If the routing transit number on the bottom left corner of your checks is 322281057, you may still continue to use them. Upon reorder, your new checks will reflect the routing transit number 322079719.

    How do I put a stop payment on a check?

    A stop payment request may be made via UNIFY's eBanking, through our Contact Center at 877.254.9328 or at any UNIFY Branch. A stop payment request made by telephone will expire in 14 days unless confirmed in writing within this same time period. A written stop payment request is valid for six months.

    Who do I call if my checks are stolen?

    If you discover your checks have been lost or stolen, please phone our Contact Center at 877.254.9328.

    Can I order personal checks online? What types of check styles do you offer?

    After your initial order of checks, you can reorder your checks online. If you would like a brochure of check styles offered, phone our Contact Center at 877.254.9328.

    How long will it take to receive my checks?

    It usually takes between seven to ten business days to receive personal checks. Rush delivery methods are available for a nominal fee.

    What is UNIFY's Routing Transit Number?

    The Credit Union's routing transit number is 322079719.

  • Applications and Forms

    Where can I find frequently used applications and forms?

    Visit our Applications/Forms page for printable and online applications and forms. Or, phone our Contact Center at 877.254.9328 or visit any UNIFY Branch.

  • ATM and Branch Locations

    What is the CO-OP Shared Branch?

    The CO-OP Shared Branch allows you to access your UNIFY accounts at participating 5,000+ non-UNIFY branch locations nationwide. You can make deposits, withdraw cash, make loan payments, transfer funds between accounts and more. Learn more about the CO-OP Shared Branch and find a location near you.

    What are your Branch hours?

    Please view a complete listing of our branches for operating hours.

    How do I perform transactions?

    You simply need to provide your member number and a valid government-issued identification with photo and signature in a Branch. You can also conduct transactions through eBanking, our Contact Center and Automated Telephone Banking.

  • ATM, Visa® Debit and Visa® Credit Cards

    What is the difference between an ATM Card, a Visa Debit Card and a Visa Credit Card?

    An ATM Card provides access to your Savings or Checking Account at ATMs or wherever the Interlink logo is found.

    A Visa Debit Card is available to members with a UNIFY Checking Account. It is an ATM Card that provides access to your Savings or Checking Account at ATMs. Plus, it allows you to make purchases everywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted. The purchase amounts are deducted from your Checking Account.

    A Visa Credit Card provides access to a line of credit and allows you to make purchases and cash advances everywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.

    How long does it take to receive my ATM Card, Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card?

    Approximately five to seven business days after we receive your application.

    Can I order an additional Visa Debit Card for my spouse?

    Yes, as long as he/she is a joint owner on your account.

    What do I do if my ATM Card, Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card is declined?

    If your card has been declined, please phone our 24-hour fraud monitoring center at 877.254.9328.

    What do I do if my ATM Card or Visa Debit Card is lost or stolen?

    In the event any of your UNIFY Cards are lost or stolen, you can log in to eBanking and select Card Management to put an immediate stop to card activity. Locate Card Management in the Navigation menu and select > Manage Cards. Find the card in the drop-down list and switch the card off. You can complete this simple process from any desktop or mobile device.

    If you prefer, or do not use eBanking, you can also please call one of the following numbers for immediate action:

    How much am I protected on my Cards?

    Visa Debit and Credit Cards offer zero liability fraud protection for unauthorized charges as well as dispute resolution options. For unauthorized use of your ATM Card, you will not be responsible for more than $50 if reported within two business days of the loss. However, if you fail to report the loss within two business days, the loss could be up to $500. If you fail to report an unauthorized transfer within 60 days of receiving your statement, you could be responsible for the total loss.

    Do deposits made at ATMs have a hold placed on them?

    Yes, deposits made at UNIFY ATMs may have a 2-day hold placed on them; however, the first $100 of your deposit will be available immediately. Deposits at non-UNIFY ATMs may have up to a 5-day hold placed on them.

    How do I dispute a transaction made with my ATM Card, Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card?

    For assistance with your particular situation, please phone our Contact Center at 877.254.9328.

    What is the daily limit for cash withdrawals at a UNIFY ATM?

    Please be aware, the amount is based on the pre-determined daily limit of each financial institution. UNIFY card holders can currently withdraw $525 daily. Other financial institutions have limits for their card holders that may be higher or lower than this amount. UNIFY ATMs will dispense up to the daily cash limit of each individual financial institution.

  • Automated Telephone Banking

    What is the phone number for Automated Telephone Banking?

    To use this service call 800.347.2837.

    What are the hours for Automated Telephone Banking?

    Automated Telephone Banking is available 24/7.

    Is Automated Telephone Banking safe?

    Yes, by requiring all members to enter an access code (PIN), Automated Telephone Banking provides a safe environment for conducting transactions.

    How do I sign up for Automated Telephone Banking and obtain an access code?

    You can sign up for Automated Telephone Banking by visiting a UNIFY Branch or phoning our Contact Center at 877.254.9328.

    Is there a quick reference guide I can refer to when calling Automated Telephone Banking?

    Yes, there is an Automated Telephone Banking Quick Reference Guide.

    How do I reset or change my access code (PIN)?

    To change your access code (PIN), please phone 800.347.2837, select "7" from the Main Menu, "2" for Change Preferences and "1" to Change your access code (PIN), or you may phone our Contact Center at 877.254.9328.

    Are the transactions I make in "real-time"?

    All transactions made during business hours take effect immediately. Transactions made after business hours, on a weekend or on a holiday will be posted on the next business day with an effective date of the actual transaction date.

    How many transfers can I make each month through Automated Telephone Banking?

    A total of six electronic withdrawals or transfers per month are allowed from all Savings and Money Market Accounts. However, unlimited withdrawals and transfers can be made through an ATM or in person at a UNIFY Branch or a shared-branch.

    How do I begin using Automated Telephone Banking for the first time?

    1. Call 800.347.2837
    2. Enter your member number followed by the # sign
    3. Enter your UNIFY access code (PIN) followed by the # sign

    What is the account number that Automated Telephone Banking is referring to?

    This refers to the number assigned to each account type. For example, #1 for Savings and #2 for Checking. View our Automated Telephone Banking Quick Reference Guide for more information.

  • Consumer Loans

    Is there a fee charged to apply for a loan?

    There are no fees involved when applying for a UNIFY consumer loan.

    What are the minimum qualifications for a loan approval?

    You must be employed or have a verifiable source of income, the ability to repay the debt and a stable credit history.

    What type of income verification is required for self-employed individuals?

    We require copies of your tax returns from the two most recent years.

    Are there any prepayment penalties for paying off a consumer loan?

    No, you can pay off any UNIFY consumer loan without incurring a prepayment penalty.

    Are UNIFY Consumer Loans offered in all 50 states?

    Yes, our loans are available to members residing in any of the 50 US states and territories.

    How long does it take to get a loan decision?

    If you apply using our online loan application, you can get an instant response. Using other application methods, you will usually have an answer the same day.

    How long does it take to fund the loan?

    If you are requesting a UNIFY Visa or Personal Loan, funding can usually take place the same day provided all required documents are received and signed. Vehicle Loan funding, depending on the type of purchase, can generally be completed the same day provided all appropriate documents are received and signed.

  • Direct Deposit

    Do you offer payroll deduction or direct deposit?

    Yes, we can receive payroll deduction and direct deposit from participating employers and government institutions. Learn more about Direct Deposit.

    What is the Routing and Transit Number my employer can use to begin my direct deposit?

    UNIFY's routing and transit number is: 322079719.

    Can I request part of my direct deposit to be distributed to other UNIFY accounts?

    Yes, you can request direct deposit funds to be distributed to an unlimited number of UNIFY accounts on which you are a joint owner or co-borrower. Simply complete our Direct Deposit Form.

    When will my direct deposit distributions take place?

    The distributions will take place when we receive your direct deposit. This usually takes two pay periods to begin.

    If I am on direct deposit or payroll deduction, how long after I am paid will the funds be deposited into my account?

    Your funds will be deposited immediately.

  • eBanking

    How do I login to eBanking?

    You need a Username and Password. For first time login and to establish a Username and Password, select the Register link in bottom grey area at

    What if my password isn't working?

    Your password may not be working if you have had three or more invalid attempts. Please phone our Contact Center at 877.254.9328 or select “Forgot Password?” on the Login page to reset your Password.

    Can I change my own password or login ID?

    Yes. Log into eBanking and select Profile > Security Preferences from the Navigation menu “Change Password” or “Change Login ID.”

    Can I change my address and personal information online?

    Yes. Login to eBanking and select Profile from the Navigation menu. From here, you can update your email and postal address as well as phone numbers.

    How do I reorder checks online?

    Login to eBanking and select eServices > Reorder Checks from the Navigation menu. Select your account and follow the easy instructions.

    How do I request a Stop Payment?

    Login to UNIFY's eBanking, select eServices > Stop Payment from the Navigation Menu and follow the simple instructions.

    Is eBanking secure?

    Yes, UNIFY uses the highest levels of online security to safeguard your information. Our Security Center offers more information on How We Protect You and ways to Protect Yourself Against Fraud.

  • ePay

    How do I sign up for ePay?

    UNIFY's ePay is a FREE service for members with a UNIFY Checking Account. To sign up, you must be an eBanking user.

    How do I access ePay?

    Simply login to eBanking to start using FREE ePay.

    Who can I call if I have a question about ePay?

    You may phone our Contact Center at 877.254.9328 or email us.

  • Mortgage Loans

    What is the difference between pre-qualified and pre-approved?

    A pre-qualification is not a full mortgage approval, but an estimation of what you can afford. The loan officer collects basic financial information regarding your income, monthly debts, credit history and assets, then uses this information to calculate an estimated mortgage loan amount for you. There is no cost involved and there is no commitment on either side.

    A pre-approval is a comprehensive decision using the same basic financial information as well as an electronic credit report. Pre-approvals, in most cases, are not guaranteed commitments. The Credit Union tentatively commits to financing your home and indicates the total mortgage loan amount available to you.

    If I am pre-approved, how long is my pre-approval good for?

    A pre-approval is good for a maximum of 60 days, without having to complete a second review of your credit, verification of employment, verification of deposits, property value, etc.

    What are mortgage discount points?

    Mortgage discount points allow you to lower your interest rate. They are prepaid interest with each point equaling 1% of the loan amount.

    How is the Loan-to-Value (LTV) calculated?

    The Loan to Value (LTV) is the outstanding loan amount divided by the appraised property value or purchase price, whichever is less.

    What is Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) and what is the cost?

    Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) is required on mortgages financed at above 80% Loan to Value (LTV) and protects the lender from loss through default. The cost is based on the specified LTV premium multiplied by the Loan Amount, divided by 12.

    When do my mortgage payments start?

    Your first mortgage payment is usually 30 days after closing. The actual date of your first payment will be included in your closing documents.

    What is the step-by-step process for obtaining a UNIFY Mortgage Loan?

    • Apply Online or at a UNIFY branch
    • A UNIFY Mortgage Representative will review process your information and respond with a decision within three business days from the date of your application.
    • Once pre-approved, a Conditional Preapproval Packet will be sent to you through a secured email for your signature. The packet includes a checklist of information and/or documents required to continue the processing of your application.
    • Sign and return the pre-approval packet documents along with the required documentation requested.
    • A UNIFY Mortgage Representative will process your information and keep you apprised of the progress of your application.
    • The approximate processing time is 30 to 45 business days.

    What documents should I have to expedite the mortgage loan process?

    To expedite the mortgage loan process, have the following items available:

    • Information on all assets—401(k), cash deposits, Term Certificates, etc.
    • W-2s from the last two years.
    • Signed federal tax returns for the last two years (with schedules if you are self-employed or received rental income).
    • Long-term debt information (credit cards, child support, auto loans, installment debt, etc.).
    • Two most recent pay stubs.

    For refinancing, you will also need the following:

    • Most recent mortgage loan statement.
    • Copy of your current homeowner's insurance policy.


  • Routing and Transit Number

    What is UNIFY's Routing and Transit Number?

    UNIFY's routing transit number is: 322079719. It is the first nine digits on the bottom of your check.

    Image of UNIFY Check.
  • Security

    Can I email UNIFY with personal information?

    To email UNIFY, please use our secure online form or log into eBanking and send us a message from our Message Center to ensure the privacy of your information. Unsecure emails are not protected and your information may be compromised.

    I'm worried I may be a victim of identity theft. What do I do?

    Phone UNIFY immediately at 877.254.9328. Our Security Center offers information on Identity Theft and what to do if you think you're a victim. You can also learn more about how to Protect Yourself Against Fraud.

  • Tax Information (1098), (1099)

    For UNIFY-related 1098 or 1099 tax information, please call us at 877.254.9328, 24/7.

Woman smiling while clinching fists excited

Direct Deposit Bonus

Enrollment in Direct Deposit means you could win $1K in our quarterly drawing! If you are enrolled for monthly direct deposit of $500 or more, you could win big!

Get all the details
Young adults snacking and relaxing

FREE Checking

Yep… we said FREE. Convenient and flexible, our FREE Checking account is the no-fuss way to manage your money.

Get FREE Checking
Woman Looking at Sunset over mountains

Credit Union Near Me

UNIFY is always near you with 24/7 call center access and branches nationwide including Los Angeles, Orange County, Plano, Texas, and Northwest Arkansas.

Find a branch near you