Application and all documents must be received by Tuesday, February28, 2017.
In honor of former Board member, Patricia R. Dempster, UNIFY Financial Credit Union created a scholarship fund to assist members who are high school seniors in pursuit of higher education.
Eight scholarships will be presented:
- $5,000 (one awarded)
- $3,000 (one awarded)
- $2,000 (six awarded)
To be considered, applicant must:
- Be a UNIFY Financial Credit Union member in good standing (member number required)
- If you are a minor, you must have a UNIFY Minor Primary Savings Account.
- If you are not a minor, you must have a UNIFY Primary Savings Account.
- Be a current graduating high school senior with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Be enrolling in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college/university
Submit the following online or by mail:
- A completed application
- 500-word essay
- Two letters of recommendation (from a teacher, spiritual leader, employer, other influential adults AND must reference your full name)
Submit the following by mail:
- Official high school transcripts (mailed in sealed envelope directly from applicant’s high school)
- Application and all documents must be received by Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Scholarship results will be announced third week of May, 2017
Phone: 877.254.9328, X2177
*UNIFY awards a limited number of scholarships up to $5,000 to graduating high school seniors. Applicant must be a UNIFY Financial Credit Union member in good standing to apply and meet specific qualifying criteria. All applications and supporting documentation will be accepted through February 28, 2017. Award recipients responsible for all applicable taxes. UNIFY employees, volunteers and family members are not eligible to apply for scholarship.