In honor of former Board member, Patricia R. Dempster, UNIFY Financial Credit Union created a scholarship fund to assist members who are high school seniors in pursuit of higher education.1
Eight scholarships will be granted:
- $5,000 (one awarded)
- $3,000 (one awarded)
- $2,000 (six awarded)
To be considered, applicant must:
- Be a UNIFY Financial Credit Union member in good standing (member number required)
- If you are a minor, you must have a UNIFY Minor Primary Savings Account
- If you are not a minor, you must have a UNIFY Primary Savings Account
- Be a current graduating high school senior with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Be enrolling in a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college/university
Submit the following online or by mail:
- A completed application
- 500-word essay
- Two letters of recommendation (from a teacher, spiritual leader, employer, other influential adults AND must reference your full name)
- Official high school transcripts
- Application and all documents must be received by Wednesday , February 28, 2018
- Scholarship results will be announced third week of May, 2018
Did you know UNIFY also partners with Sallie Mae to provide access to Student Loans?2 Learn more.
Phone: 877.254.9328, x2177
1 UNIFY awards a limited number of scholarships up to $5,000 to graduating high school seniors. Applicant must be a UNIFY Financial Credit Union member in good standing to apply and meet specific qualifying criteria. All applications and supporting documentation will be accepted through February 28, 2018. Award recipients responsible for all applicable taxes. UNIFY employees, volunteers and family members are not eligible to apply for scholarship.
2 UNIFY Financial Credit Union is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Sallie Mae, Sallie Mae Logo and other Sallie Mae names and logos are service marks of Sallie Mae Bank or its subsidiaries.